1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher not angling

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Granty, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Granty

Granty Junior Member

Having a problem with my fisher. Up, down and float are working, can't angle left and right. Tested solonoids, all work, tried different joystick with same results. Any suggestions appreciated.

2. MooseHeadRider

MooseHeadRider Junior Member

It could be your wiring harness. Have someone try to angle the plow while you take the wiring harness and move the connectors around. There have been issues with broken wires. I had to have mine replaced last year when this happened. I could raise or lower it but its all in the same harness.

Hope this helps
    Bob

3. Granty

Granty Junior Member

There's a computer in there, too. Is that where I should check the connections?

4. Plowski

Plowski Junior Member

Check that the plow to truck connections at the front grill are in good shape, no rust, tight and coated with dielectric grease. That's a weak spot, if not properly maintained.