1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher noisy pump/motor - need bearing/bushing?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Mar 7, 2014.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Posted this question to a similar thread and didn't get any replies so trying as a stand alone thread.

I have a MM1 EZV that is a little rough but I bought for cheap as a backup. It has a noisy pump/motor assembly but otherwise seems to operate fine (already changed fluid). I found a thread referencing part # 64589, however, I don't seem to get any hits on this part thru most online parts houses - except Jacks does list it for $45. Is it discontinued? I went back to the exploded parts diagrams for all MM1 and MM2 EZ-Vs insta-act hydraulic kits and don't see it listed at all there (not sure how to identify what "series" I have so I checked all) so not sure how anyone found that # to begin with???

All I can find for a bushing there is for a straight blade insta-act which is part # 64596(-1) which is referenced here when talking about a Western Unimount MVP but the reference was from memory and perhaps they didn't realize it was in response to a V plow question:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=117444

That does come up for around $5 on Ash Supply...

The other thread that had some insight is here:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1773597#post1773597

Any insight is much appreciated.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

64589 is a bearing sleeve kit. Kit comes with the bushing you need, plus special tools to remove the old bushing, re-install the new one, and align the pump and motor when re-assembling. You'll also need a 66515 pump shaft seal.

The kit is about $55.00, and the seal is $3.00.

I've got them both in stock. PM me if you're in a jam.

3. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Does anyone know if I can change this bushing from the top,where the motor is mounted ? I dont want to have to take the pump apart.
    Thanks

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Not really. I've had them where the bushing is loose in the bore, and you can pull it out with pliers. Otherwise, you've gotta get it out with the correct tool. Plus the seal cant be replaced other than from the bottom... If that matters to you.

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Agreed. And its not too hard of a job at all. if you've gotten that far, removing the pump should be no sweat. Make sure the pump output oring/backup seal is on there before you bolt it back on.

6. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Thanks

for the info. First time hooking up last wed. the motor was n/g. I replaced the motor and it was working but with a weird noise. Its about 6-7 years old so it looks like that bushing is the culprit. There was another member who posted a you tube page with the same sound im hearing. I didnt want to take the pump side apart because the small screws holding the can are known to break. Planned heating the aluminum a little to loosen them up,hopefully.I might as well do the filter and o ring while im in there.

7. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Since its off the headgear, flip it upside down and let your fav penetrant soak in for a while. They do sometimes snap, but unless its really crusty looking you should be fine, and a touch of localized heat won't hurt.