1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher newbee going to look @ a used MM1 in am

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nepagearjammer, Jan 28, 2011.

1. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

comming off a 94 F150 (engine driven hyd. pump type). what are some things I should look for? any major issues? going to put on my 88 chevy 3500. Are the engine mounting brackets still available?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it still mounted to the Ford? Hopefully it is so you can check the pump and valve condition. Should be able to raise the blade without revving the engine, and the blade should stay up once it's lifted.

Engine bracket is still available new from Fisher, you may have to do a little fabricating for mounting the valve and joystick.

3. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

no was not mounted to truck...but older gent bought truck to plow w/ but discovered frame was cracked so decided to sell off everything and buy something else. seems all there plow blade in real good shape fisher emblem not even worn off moldboard, had cutting edge installed from day one. price was really good @ 900$$$!! Now, I have a MM1 6'9" w/ insta- act pump and fishstick control. would like to have the fishstick control but I really don't want to cobble up a complete plow set-up..what do you guys think belt driven hyd. or insta-act? BTW I will be selling the pushplate(off 94 F150) if there are any takers. probably will be selling the small MM1 set-up also.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  4. powerangle93

powerangle93 Junior Member

nepa, do you still have the push plates from the f150? im going to look at a MM1 for my 93 f150 tomorow, and if your still looking to sell em i would definitely be interested if their short money

5. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

yep....looking for 150.00 + shipping from zip 18407. will post a pic in am. cross bar is bent but is made out of regular angle iron.

6. powerangle93

powerangle93 Junior Member

Ok man I'll look at the pics and see, I don't know how much I can spend on em, depends on how much shipping is too.

7. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

I priced a set of plates for my 90 k3500 from the dealer = 549.00 + tax!!!! will shoot a couple of pics and post em'. the whole thing must weigh somewhere around 85 to 100lbs.