1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mounts on gmc HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NDG, Jan 28, 2010.

1. NDG

NDG Junior Member

does any one know of a way to install the 7169 push plates on a 2003 gmd 2500hd, with out cutting the front bumper?like using a spacer or something to hang them a little lower. the truck is raised a few inches so the clearance with be fine.or does anyone have a used front bumper for sale? any help with be greatly appreciated. thank you.

2. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Just cut it!

3. NDG

NDG Junior Member

ahh i would like to try to avoid that. i just got the truck and i did want to ruin the lwer bumper.

4. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I was in the same boat....Figured the money made plowing over did the bumper cover cost

5. NDG

NDG Junior Member

would it be ok to hang the mount a little lower, and maybe put some square tubing in the gap.?

6. The push plates are made that way for a reason and are designed to bolt to the truck frame. To do anything else is asking for trouble. Every one of us here agonized over what you are about to do, me included. Just take your time, I used a cordless sawzall, and trim away the absolute minimum amount necessary to get them in. You'll get used to it, believe me.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The plow truck at my dad's office is an 03 2500HD GMC and they didn't cut the valence, just where the push plates go is pushed up a bit....ide just cut it though if i did one.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You have to cut them, there is no way around it.

And I thought I was finicky. I actually like the look anyway.

9. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

don't want to cut the bumper what are you going to do when you get the first scratch on the truck or it gets dirty :nod:

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I saw a red neck one the other day, the guy removed the bumper cover all together and left it off....lol

11. NDG

NDG Junior Member

yea maybe ill end up just cutting it. if any one has fisher pushplates #7169, and a controller and wire kit for a 03 gmc 2500hd

12. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Repo, red neck????

Take your time cutting the bumper you might amaze yourself....