1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Mounting Problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by al2275, Nov 20, 2005.

1. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hey Guys maybe you can help on this also, I just finished mounting my Minute Mount 1 to my 94 F150. I cant seem to get the sway bar back on. Has anyone had this problem?

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Yup, you have to 86 the sway bar.

3. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

I guess a common problem, Huh? Would eliminating the sway bar cause any major issues?

4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

What plow and what suspension rating in the front do you have?

5. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a 7 1/2 ft mm1, suspension with dual shocks in front. I believe it has the heavier duty front suspension since it is a work truck setup

6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Straight from Fishers website.....

"Not for use on trucks with quad shocks."

7. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

Yeah I know, Yopu have to make due with what you have. Truck is going to be primarily used for plowing, Everything else seemed to mount properly. I have spent to much time and money to abandon tthis project. What do you forsee the major problems would be with removing the sway bar! I first have to drivee the truck to my fathers in Pennsylvania, about a hundred miles. Lots of windey roads! I assume the truck would be pretty squirrely without the sway bar.

8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

You don't have the 3800 front end, you have the lighter duty. They don't make a kit for you.

I am pretty sure the only answer is to remove the sway bar.

The truck will sway now, not sure how safe it would be.

9. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

Well thanks for your advice, I certainlt appreciated it. Maybe I will go for a ride and see how bad it is without it. Thanks again

10. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I know its not what you wanted to hear.... Thats my luck

I am pretty sure you can get off road style aftermarket sway bars. You may be able to adapt something.

You may want to consider heavier springs/ timbrens as well.

You will probably end up with some problems plowing. Take it easy.

Good luck.