1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Motor stays running all the time

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pmm, Apr 7, 2007.

1. pmm

pmm Junior Member

Has anyone had this happen to them? I was plowing at midnight and the blade wouldn't move at all, so I wiggled the connections and the motor runs but won't shut off unless I unplug the power plug. It is a 3 plug Insta-Act unit. I just upgraded to this truck so I don't know if the previous owner did yearly service to the plow. The fluid is full and some connections are slightly corroded. My last truck was a 1995 F150 with the belt driven MM system, so I am new to the electric fishers.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

It needs a new relay. Its staying stuck open when u let go of the switch.

4. pmm

pmm Junior Member

I replaced the motor relay and it woks like a charm.

5. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Where can I get a motor realy I have an 03 dodge ram hemi... Is one supposed to be in my truck???

6. Motor Relay

You should be able to use an old style Ford starter solenoid--available at any auto parts house.

RON​

7. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Great thanks thats what I thought I was just unsure...

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't do that. Those are not designed to handle 200 amps repeatally. A brand new Western/fisher solenoid is $13.95 at any snow plow dealer.

9. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I am looking for treads to do with solenoids. I have a mm2 and been having quite a time. I was plowing through the last storm and the plow just froze up....moter was working but the plow wouldn't move.....I tryed and tryed so I had to take it home. The next day I changed the fluid and it was blue and looked brand new. People are telling me to change the solenoid....what do you Guys think?