1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Model 1000 Tailgate Spreader Install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SnowOps, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

Does anyone have instructions , or has done an install on the Fisher 1000 tailgate spreader? Shops here are charging 395 for install, and I think it might me as simple as running the control wires into the cab to the controller, and power to the battery?
    Can anyone give me some specifics? Id love to save the $400 if I can.
    thanks

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Very easy to do.
    I use to do my Western 1000 in about 20 minuets total time. Can't believe they want that much for such a easy job. Buy some tie wraps so you can get the harness leading to the back up along the frame under the truck.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'd email/contact Fisher and ask for the manual to be emailed to you, the “other guys” have their manual’s available on their websites.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

6. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

HAHA Well I appreciate you not making me work for it, thanks for the link, I should be able to find it there

7. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

Just looked at the Docs, should be fairly simple, do the assembly, run 2 wires along the truck frame to the controller in the cab, run 2 wires to the battery. Hell, I installed a complete new audio system in my truck, with nav, and a backup cam (into the tailgate) ...this should be easy by comparison.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

LOL, I have their page saved in favorites. :mechanic:

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Make sure to run a fuse between the controller and battery + Thumbs Up