1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher MMII will not move

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aquku, Dec 13, 2013.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

One of our employees brought back a plow truck today where the plow would not move, just very slowly. Knowing Fishers filter tend to fall off, I took the res. off and the filter was a bit clogged. Cleaned it and thought for sure I had it. When to try it again and nothing. Motor runs, plows does not move, maybe just a bit. Tomorrow I plan to test all the seloniods on the plow...any other ideas? He said it worked for about 10 mintues, then stopped. connection perhaps? Something internal?
  2. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

If it's older than 5 years the plow, Probably corrosion inside the motor brushes. New motor might fix.
  3. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

check to make sure all of the wires are on the solenoids,ive had them fall off before. Also, check to make sure you have power going to the colored solenoid wires when you push the control buttons. If not you prob have a connection or controller problem.
  4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a motor to me
  5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

If the motor is running and no movement... Have you changed the fluid? I had the same problem once... Got one drive done and plow stopped lifting/angling and the fluid was frozen with moisture in it.