1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MMII Sporadic Movement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by spencer_barnes, Dec 6, 2015.

1. spencer_barnes

spencer_barnes Junior Member

Hey,

I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I figured it could be moved from here.

Finally got to hookup to my (new to me) 9' Fisher MMII. It worked great for the first hour, then I lowered it, and couldn't get it up. I wiggled all of my connections and stuff, and could hear the solenoid clicking. Then I beat the solenoid with a screwdriver and it finally went up. I was able to get it home, and was trying to just play with it, and when I hit lower once it dropped. I'm not sure if that's a feature, or not. But then I hit raise, and it did, then felt like it was having a seizure. It just kept shaking. I shut off the controller, and unplugged all three plugs. It didn't stop shaking until I unplugged the but 2 conductor that I assume feeds power to the pump. Anyone have ANY ideas to what this could be? Maybe a new solenoid since that is what got it to lift up in the first place?

Thanks for any help,

Spencer

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Replace the solenoid.

3. spencer_barnes

Ok, any tips where to get one? It looks like they're actually pretty cheap online, but there looks to be a bunch of kinds. The one I have right now looks like this one, but online this says it's for a Western.

[​IMG]

4. kimber750

I prefer OEM parts. Fisher uses a trombretta solenoid that seems to hold up pretty well.

5. spencer_barnes

Should I get that at the dealer, or are they going to charge a ton where I could just get one online?

6. kimber750

Get what you pay for. With a 9' plow I am guessing you are doing some type of commercial plowing. Why risk having plow quit over not spending $20 more for a quality part?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

8. spencer_barnes

9. spencer_barnes

You guys definitely think the solenoid is the reason for the sporadic pump?

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be test lighting the signal first.

11. spencer_barnes

What do you mean?

12. kimber750

These two things point directly to solenoid.

13. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Yes and please don't cheap out on one this is a critical part.