1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM3 extreme v??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowpushinglimo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. snowpushinglimo

snowpushinglimo Junior Member

Anyone know when Fisher is going to update the current extreme v model plows? i.e. more aggressive wings (like boss or meyer)? seems the are a little behind the curve now.

anyone know anything about a MM3 and what it contains (if there even is one coming?)
    thx

2. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I dont think there gonna do a redesign just for bigger wings when that wont do much. They sell enough just how they are I think

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

They're the best how they are now, and the MM2 system can't get any easier

4. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

Quote: They're the best how they are now, and the MM2 system can't get any easier

That's what people said about the MM1...

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

When I see an easier to mount Fisher plow, then I'll agree.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

If it "ain't" broke, don't fix it.

7. snowpushinglimo

snowpushinglimo Junior Member

thx for the thoughts guys. anyone seeing issues with the center hinge on the extreme v's?

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I replaced our first one last year on a plow with about 1100 hours on it and thats after it was resting in a ditch, so I'm sure thats what did it in.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

They were the first to flare their wings and then boss and meyer followed them. That has to say something about how they are ahead of the curve and everyone else is just along for the ride. Zing

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They were not the first...they missed it by about 20 years. :salute:

11. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Blizzard had expandable wings, then DD bought it all. I definitely think they need to upgrade things and reinvent & innovate. Keep things fresh every couple years

12. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I just want to see center hinge redesigned on XV.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Following that logic, we'd still be running conventional mount straight blades with engine driven hydros.

Good luck with that.

14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher was not the first, it was Diamond over 20 years ago, before they were part of Meyer. I don't even think Fisher had a V plow back then, did they?

There is a fella about 20 min from me that has one on an old K20 in vg cond, that he clears his own property with.

15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Touche, learn something new everyday

16. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I had a old Diamond V plow in the early 80's with flared wings. It had three pull rods with balls on the end. One was up and down and the other two was the in out for wings. All I remember was that it let snow through the middle and left a trail.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

In the competitive field these plow companies are in now, Fisher is bound to do something in the next year i would think! Gotta innovate and change to stay in the game and the XV was the last of them and that's been out for a little while now.