1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 XV Spare Parts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hikeradk, Aug 31, 2009.

1. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

What does everyone carry or recommend to have on hand for their Minute Mount 2 Extreme V snow plows? Just curious what others are carrying and having on hand.

2. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Definitely carry an extra solenoid and fuses. And if your willing to put down the money, an extra plow module as well. I had one of those go out on me last year during the middle of a storm.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I will be carrying a spare center pin, spare hoses & O-rings, fluid. And the tools to replace these items of course. Already have the relay on board. The module is probably a good idea. And a new pad for the the Fish Stik. Some times the blade won't go down.

4. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Suppliers

Do you deal just with your local Fisher Dealer or do you have a favorite online supplier?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I go to my dealer. I don't know how much I might save, but if there are any issues, he'll straighten them out. And if everyone went online, he'd be gone. I might need him before the winter is over. Since I bought the new plow, he gives me a healthy discount on parts.

6. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Being a business man myself I agree 100%.

7. trmotorsports

trmotorsports Junior Member

I would agree on the center pin. I have ever broken one badly, but you will **** your pants when you see how crooked one can get after "normal" use. I change mine twice a year, its cheap insurance. A buddy broke his center pin and one wing fell off and took the cylinder with it, not cheap.
    TR

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's probably a good idea. Have you had one bent to the point you couldn't get it out? Did you notice a difference with the new hardened pin?