1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 wont lift or angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ranger4327, Dec 8, 2014.

1. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

I know this topic has been probably beaten like a dead horse, however......

Plow wont raise most of the time and sometimes angles, sometimes doesn't, sometimes angles in the opposite direction. Seems to have gotten progressively worse, to almost doing nothing at all now. At first was a random kind of thing, but now seems to not work more than anything. There is sound at the motor/pump. Fluid level is ok. Connections appear to be good, as well as ground at battery and plow. Doesn't seem to be a battery issue.

Thoughts?:help:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Can you try another controller?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Plenty of thoughts.

Bad connections
    Bad pump
    Dying motor
    Pickup tube fell off
    Filter clogged
    Bad valves
    Bad harness

Start with the simple things. Clean all connections, try another control like SS said, change fluid, all of these would be a good starting point. Then you can move to motor draw test and pressure test.

4. Travis_216

Travis_216 Junior Member

This exact samething happened to me a month ago, my problem was a bad connection in the connector for my controller. Cut the connector off for a quick fix and works perfect again.

Travis

5. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

all good tips and help, thanks !! still having the same problem. brought the truck inside and gonna try to warm it up and see if perhaps it was some moisture or something and the cold temps. Will give a better look at connections and re check fluid. Going to change fluids this weekend and give it a better look.

Question(s)

I was told the joysticks and fish stiks are interchangeable? Is this the case? It would make it easier for me to find another controller. Seems I am the only one local that likes the handheld fish stik. Travis, did you replace the connector?

Storm is coming...hope I can get thru it and then figure this out. Frustrating as the plow is only 3-4 seasons in and has primarily been kept inside. Stuff should work !!! :) Thanks guys !!

6. dieselss

As long as the connector is the same, yes.the clickers are interchangeable

7. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

is the filter easy to get at to check and clean? and where the heck is it?

thanks !!

8. dieselss

In the reservoir. Gotta drain the fluid, and take off the reservoir. Then it's one bolt

9. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

had truck inside, temps warmed up... plowed this morning and SAME thing. Plow works for a lil while then having issues raising and angling. Now it seems when it malfunctions, it stays that way. Still sound at pump but nothing. Almost seemed like today the plow wants to move but physically cant. Still angling in different directions at times. Living 50 miles from the dealer, this SUCKS !!!

10. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

gonna try a fluid change and different controller in a few minutes..... Keeping fingers crossed !!

11. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

well I will be a monkeys uncle....it WAS the controller !!! thanks for all your help and suggestions !!! Pretty stressful I must say !!! thanks again !!