1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher MM2 won't go left or right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stoker420, Feb 2, 2011.

1. stoker420

stoker420 Junior Member
    from RI

I just picked up a used MM2 plow for my 2006 f350 but the plow won't articulate left or right it only goes go up and down.

When I try to go left or right it chatters but does not turn.

When we hooked it up to his truck it worked fine we swapped the joystick but it did the same thing.

This plow harness I have on my truck came off a GM truck and I had the isolation module swapped out for a ford one and the headlight harness swapped for my truck also.

anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks
    Tony p

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Are your plugs all greased up? Sounds like a bad electrical connection. Some Diletric grease goes a long way

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would first start by opening up your controller and make sure the connection from the harness to the pcb is tight its a white connector.I would then check the connection from the controller to its plug on the harness and make sure its nice and clean.Then move onto the connections at the grill and make sure you don't have any broken wires and the connections are clean and have de electric grease on them.You know its truck side if the plow works fine on the truck it came off of.But just to be sure and take the plastic cover off behind the pump and make sure the connections on the solenoid are good and tight

4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Hey Chev he claimed he swapped controllers from the truck he bought it off of and still did same thing. But on the other guys truck it worked fine. I wouldnt pull cap off either If I was to guess it would be the gril conections

Hey Stroker can you please give us a lil history on this set up. Were you plowing with the truck before or did you buy it with onide truck controls and now you are just trying to get it going? This will help us help u

5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

6. chevyzrule810

Good point the more information we have the easier it is to help.Mrplow do you think the plow could be wired backwards? I know some guys swap connections on the solenoids so it doesn't to what its supposed to like go left instead of down if someone goes to steal it.I was thinking the isolation module as well.But the 3 pin controller harness is standard on all trucks.As you said you replaced the isolation module and headlight harness so it could be a connection at the isolation module

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I was told by a Fisher dealer that it doesnt matter how you connect the wires on the solonoid. But that was one of the new round ones. Not that tall skinny one

8. chevyzrule810

9. stoker420

stoker420 Junior Member
    from RI

thanks for the tips so far really digin the mechanics guide, I didn't't see that when I down loaded the installation guides for the push plates and wire harness. I plan on doing some inspecting on the truck side in the AM check for clean and tight connectors and go from there. Has to be truck side but where and what right.

I have the new round soleniod in the truck

little bio on me:
    long time shoveler first time plow-er
    been around machines and what not for a while and was a tool and die maker for a few decades, like go fast vehicles but moved away from bikes because I like to go fast too much.

again thanks fo the tips so far and I have a plan of attack and weapons for the AM. :mechanic:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  10. chevyzrule810

Is this the first time you are going to be plowing with this truck?

11. stoker420

stoker420 Junior Member
    from RI

yes sir never plowed before in this truck or another

12. stoker420

stoker420 Junior Member
    from RI

it was a short in the controll harness and is all set now thanks for posting the macanics guide that help alot.

Thanks you guys ussmileyflag

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  13. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I posted it. But the credit should go to B&B. He quotes "Download the mechanic guide" like its in the good book as one of the 10 comandments