1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Triangle Chain Wear

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by crossboneracing, Feb 1, 2009.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys, I tried searching and couldnt find a thread on this but remember reading about how the triangle on the headgear where the chain connects tends to wear through. Both my X blades are wearing. Is this a warranty item or any info on this would be great. Thanks!

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

make sure that where the chain loops through, its not gettin hung up on the lonf section of a single link. I had this problem on my HD

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They replaced mine under warranty. Not sure if it was recalled but they changed the design. Funny thing is in thier ads some of the plows have the old set-up.

5. crossboneracing

Thanks for the info, I am gonna go to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get the new style.

6. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

What did they end up telling you?

7. kj330

kj330 Member

If anyone needs a new lift arm . let me know, I have a brand new one that was only installed for 1 storm. i live in Tolland CT i will sell for 75.00 i just paid 140.00 send me a message if interested

8. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Mine was wearing, so the dealer replaced it with the new style.

9. crossboneracing

Calling dealer tomorrow, havent had time will keep you updaated

10. crossboneracing

I called today, dealer said they couldnt replace it to call fisher. So I did and fisher said they would not replace it unless it was under the 2yr warranty. Cheap bastards! So at this point I will probably buy 2 new lift arms next year the new style. Just pisses me off that they screwed up and we have to pay for it. WTF!

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

just a thought here. if it's not gonne be replaced for free why don't you consider cutting off the bad piece and welding a hook or maybe a ring or something in it's place rather then spend the money for new lift arms?

12. kj330

kj330 Member

i got a yellow one Half price...