1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 to Ultra mount adapter?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by polarvend, Feb 12, 2013.

1. polarvend

polarvend Junior Member
    from Alaska

Hi I have a question for anyone who might know, first let me tell you what equipment I run.
    I have a Western wideout with ultra mount (douglas dynamics)
    I have a Blizzard 86110LP with the blizzard mount which they happen to use the same mount that attaches to the truck as the western wideout (both made by douglas dynamics..)
    Now I just bought a fisher 8'6" extreme v stainless steel, also (douglas dynamics).
    Now heres the thing, my blizzard and western can work on any of my trucks because all I need to do is remove two bolts and drop the blizzard (ultra mount adapter) for lack of a better word, and throw the two recievers in the mount for the ultra mount western. The wiring is all the same.
    Now the Fisher the wiring is also all the same, but the mount does not slide into an ultra mount truck mount.
    Now to my question, have any of you seen adapters for the mm2 to fit into the ultra mount truck mount?
    Have any of you guys made any adapters?
    It is really important for me to be able to switch to another plow if one breaks down, so I plan to make an adapter if I need to, like I said my blizzard came factory with the western truck mount so in five minutes or less I can go from a wideout to the blizzard which in an emergency is real convenient, now I just need to get this fisher onboard to do that.
    Like I said my trucks all have the ultra mount truck mount, and I need an adapter to pick up the minute mount 2.

2. nqdeerhunter

nqdeerhunter Junior Member

Have you had any luck with this I'm in the same exact spot

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I am sure adapters could be made. Do you have any pics of what you are looking to do. I know this thread is old. I suggest starting a new thread with pics.