1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Security

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by HD-tech-NH, Nov 7, 2010.

1. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

What do you guys do to keep your MM2 plows locked up?

2. Brico89

Brico89 Junior Member

keep it inside lol its hard to lock up unless you buy the lock for over 100$ you can lock up the arm that puts the pins in and out and chain it to somthing but if they want it its theres..

3. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

Put a big master lock through the outside hole on one of the spring pins.

It will change there mind on a fast hitch and go!

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i put the arm of the backhoe overthem and box them in when its at home! and allways have my trusty shotgun!!

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Two padlocks on the jack stand, and a Beretta in my bed stand. Screw it if it walks off; that's what I have insurance for.

6. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

We do two things .. first off we dont back our trucks in we pull rght in and put out plows right up again the building then we chain lock them....

7. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Although I sleep with my EDC Glock on the bedstand :gunsfiring:, there are plenty times when I'm away from my truck - maybe out in my wife's car. And in the past, I've always backed the truck in - leaving the blade vulnerable. I think this is the year I'll start pulling it in against something. I was thinking about welding some tabs; one to the headgear and another on the handle. When the handle's up, they'll meet. Then running a beefy pad lock through them. I know those kinds of things only keep honest people honest :nono: - but it might make the difference....

8. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like the pad lock idea and have considered either welding or buggering the outside of the threads on the bolt that mounts the pump. Just enough that I can easily grind it off or cut it off with a torch if necessary. No big deal when in the shop and prepared for it but a PITA while trying to steal it from the truck. Unfortunatley the 10mm can not always be around the truck.
    Chad

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If its going to sit in one place for awhile (the off season), take the spring loaded mounting pins out. Sure it take a bit of time but ide like to see a potential theif be prepared for that!

10. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

11. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I supposed to have electronic security coded to my Fishstick . No other Fishstick would work .

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Think again man. There is ways around that. Then there is always brute force. Who needs a controller if your loading it into the back of a truck.?.?

I was just about to start another thread on this topic as the Extreme V's and XLS's are now amoungest those offering the SECURITY GUARD Anti-Theft System as well.

13. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

There is always a way . This would stop a simole hook and book .

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Exactly :D .

15. grec-o-face

16. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thinking the lock shaft thru the pin hole and run the cable thru the A-frame/head gear and what ever else I can to make it harder to take apart and walk off. I'm actually putting it on my Unimount. It would help if I would not have put it up out of my daughter's reach and forgotten where I put it. :D
    Chad

17. grec-o-face

I saw an interesting product being sold online for ALOT of money. Instead of buying one, I built my own.
    I had some scrap steel kicking around, so I welded up my new security device. It uses a standard locking trailer hitch pin and stops the spring-pin from openning. It can be used to lock the blade ON the truck, or OFF. Just waiting for the safety orange paint to dry - then I'll post some pics.
    So far, total cost = $0.00

steel from the pile
    locking trailer hitch pin from my trailer supplies
    can of safety orange rustoleum I had sitting around

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

My security is my unlocked garage door. If they want the plow they can have it if it keeps them from coming in my house...the important stuff isn't replaceable.

19. grec-o-face

As promised...

I made it from 5/16th steel.
    Please pay no attention to the TERRIBLE paint job!!
    Oh, and the turd-welds inside the box (I forgot to turn the gas on.... DOH!!)
    The box does all the work, trapping the pin against the outter spring stop. The angle iron is just to prevent somone from attacking the lock with a sawzall or sledge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  20. grec-o-face