1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm2 sd vs hd

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mschaffer92, Dec 24, 2013.

1. mschaffer92

mschaffer92 Junior Member

The question I have is and hope someone can help me. I have a 1997 GMC sierra half ton extended cab short bed gasser. Now besides the fact that the obvious weight difference does anyone have an idea the rest. It will be used for some residential and a few commercial lots, nothing super big. I used to have a mm1 first gen which from what I found out now is that thing weighed a ton. Any help would be great.
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

How much did the MM1 weigh? If it was my truck, it'd have an 8' HD slapped on the front (717 lbs).
  3. mschaffer92

mschaffer92 Junior Member

From what I read it weighed around 800 plus. But I guess I never did put the timbres in it.Without ballast in the back as well. I probably could also crank my t bars some too.
  4. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

Ive used both and the weight makes a huge difference. The SD blade is great due to weight how ever last year when I plowed with it when we got that huge storm the weight was an issue. Noticed the plow would lift up after a short push. If you keep up with the storm than its not an issue but I did one driveway which took twice as long due to the plow always lifting on me. If your doing commercial I would just go with the HD blade