1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 relay burned up, Stole one from a Briggs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fast*st, Oct 31, 2011.

1. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

So, awesome October storm. I'm guessing the relay was on its way out, it stuck on while plowing, so unplugged the motor feed after lifting the blade, back to the barn and the relay is totally smoked. No click now, no power, nothing. Its sunday, the normal parts outlets have no power so are closed and its snowing still.

I looked in my spares bin and found a Briggs&Stratton starting solenoid for a 18hp engine. It has the same format as the Fisher solenoid save that on the two coil screws they screwed down a spade adapter, and the output terminals are 5/16 versus 3/8 thread. Installed and working and even matched the holes.

I was wondering how often the solenoids fail, it wasn't sealed and was all corroded inside. I had coated the new briggs one with sealer before installing it.