1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm2 raises very weak and slow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hammerdown82, Jan 28, 2011.

1. hammerdown82

hammerdown82 Junior Member

I have a fisher mm2 x blade that will barely lift off the ground. The plow will raise but goes very slow and struggles to get 3 inches off the ground. Everything else is working properly, any help would be appreciated

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

assuming it is FULL of oil i would bet the pump relief valve has backed out. look on the fisher website under mechanics guides for adjustment procedure.

3. hammerdown82

Thanks no lead! Problem fixed. Changed filter and oil and adjusted the relief valve, and its lifting fine now..

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:.....

5. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

I'm kinda having the same problem with mine it works fine side to side. but going up it's kinda slow.
    what valve did you mess with and what did you do with it?
    thanks

6. hammerdown82

There is a valve on the side of the motor. Check the fisher website for the mechanics guide, under pressure relief valve you will find out how to set it back to the right spot. Basically all you have to do is turn a screw all the way clockwise then back it off a few turns if i recall... Good Luck