1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nozzleman, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Does anyone know if the MM2 uses the same style truck frame as the MM1? I have a 2003 Dodge 2500 that has the truck frame and wiring to fit my 2001 MM1. What I want to know is if I were to purchase a new MM2 could I get away with just buying the plow or would I need to buy the sub frame and wiring for the truck also?

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I believe the frame where it hooks up is the same, not sure about the wiring, but I dont see why they would change that, but who knows. Your talking about the 2 things that stick out from under the bumper? If thats what you mean, Im pretty sure its the same MM or MM2. I think the only thing they changed was that they redesigned the headgear and also added a spring that pulls the lift arm down for you each time you drop the plow. Also the other thing they did, which was the biggest improvement, was that you now pull just one handle and it drops the stand for you as well as releasing both side pins. The yellow triangle is more rounded off now too, looks more modern. Hope I helped somewhat. Mike

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The mounting points have not changed. However you may have to change the harness. Fisher has used different harnesses, a nine pin and twelve pin on the MM1 Not sure what the MM2 uses as I have yet to get one. If you have a older MM1 I would count on needing to change the harness.

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Mike. I believe that the undercarriage is the same for MM1 and MM2. The undercarriage bolts right under the truck frames, so the space between those two brackets is the same. MM2 is just a different design to make it hook up easier and looks better on truck. It has a handle that you pull and push to engage and disengage the connector pins to the undercarriage. So once again, I am pretty sure the undercarriage from your MM1 will work with MM2 plow. About the wiring, I am not sure about that, but you should check with your dealer to see if the Fisher still use the exact same wiring diagram for MM2. If not, you may have to do some rewiring but it should not be too difficult since you already know where the wires are coming from & routed through the truck, etc. Good luck.

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Thank guys.

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I have both,mounts are the same,harness is different and a little more expensive,the MM2 uses the new E-Force light hookup which is supposed to be more reliable than the old,i can't say off hand but it's more expensive than the regular harness.