1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm2 plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kenp1960, Sep 24, 2014.

1. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

I have recently installed the wiring harness from my 1999 chevy onto my 2001 Gmc 2500. After complete install i hooked up plow to truck lights all work fine. The problem is the plow won't raise or go left. It went to the right. It will not do any thing else. Wondering if it could be in the harness or controller. This is a four port module. Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

S3 valve is needed for up and left. Could be valve, coil, wiring or control. Start with test light on S3 coil and press up, does it have power?

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Could be a bad controller. Had that happened to me before.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Right is default. Double Ck your connections as was said

5. kimber750

Wouldn't consider any movement default with Fisher. Every action requires use of at least one valve. Up=S3, down=S1, Right=S2, Left=S2&S3.

Now since he can go right I assume S2 is working. We don't know if S1 works since he can't go up. We do know something is keeping S3 from working since Left and Up are not working. Now is it connections, control, valve, coil or a wiring issue? That can't be said without testing.

Also a lot of missing info. Does motor run up or left is pressed? Did it go right when left was pressed?

6. dieselss

Really, it's not like western then? I assumed they were

7. kimber750

Even the SEHP pumps need a valve for every movement. Only one I know for sure has a true default is meyer. I didn't realize western where different. Thought the insta-act was same for both brands considering they use same wiring.

8. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

Motor runs in any position up left or right.
    Plow did go right when I pushed the controller left and also up

9. kimber750

Like I said I would start with checking S3 for power while pressing up. No power you have a wiring/control issue. Have power coil/valve problem.

10. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

When I took this off my 99 Chevy everything was working fine. During last winter I had to let the truck run for about 10 minutes before the plow would work,don't know if that's any help.

11. kimber750

Without testing I can't point you in any direction. You can try cleaning bumper connections. You can try another controller.

12. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

I'll give it a shot

13. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

Tested all three coils with the controller and all three are working. Could there be a blockage in the pump?

14. dieselss

So on "up" you had pwr to the proper coil, and it clicked? But the plow didn't move? And sane with left and right?

15. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

That is correct

16. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

Checked coils again. Ran a wire from battery to one cool at a time only the middle coil was clicking. I assume the middle coil is s-2. All three coils did magnetize when I touch them with the positive lead. Maybe two weak coils? What do you think

17. kimber750

Clean/ replace S3

18. kenp1960

kenp1960 Junior Member

Replaced all three coils still no luck
    Replaced S-1 & S-3 valves that did the trick
    Plow works great now.
    Thanks for your help!!

19. kimber750

Would also Change fluid and filter. Something had to of jammed the valve up.

Glad to hear you got it working. :drinkup: