1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm2 plow woes!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Dec 29, 2012.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

My plow works great. When i drop it down there is a hissing noise. Almost like it's sucking in air and then pushing it out. Seems to push out the fill plug or drain plug. Breather is new, filters inside resoivor are new, fluid is new, drain/fill plug have thread sealant on threads. Any ideas?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

i would say its coming out the breather, or fill. if its coming out the fill that means your filler cap isnt on tight enough.. now the cap is rated to 5psi so it should hold back the psi thats escaping.

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

It's def. not coming out the breather.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have for a breather?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If not not the breather then either the fill plug or the tank gasket....seems like overfilled tho

6. gtmustang00

from Berlin

The plastic gray one that screws into the elbow fitting.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the good breather. It will allow a few psi to build in the reservoir which prevents air (and moisture) from coming in when you draw the fluid down. You could remove the bleeder and run a few cycles just to rule it out.

I always ran my XV a little overfull. It would blow some foam out the breather during the first few drives then was fine.

And thinking about this a little more, they all make some noise as the fluid passes by the quill. You could loosen the quill to see if the sound changes. It probably makes this noise for all functions, just can't hear it with the pump running.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  8. gtmustang00

from Berlin

My quill won't budge. I'll have to maybe put some heat to it. I had filled fluid up to the fill plug.

9. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Plow is still doing this. Noticed some fluid on the ground. Still works great.