1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm2 passenger side running light does not work?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by steinerservices, Nov 17, 2014.

1. steinerservices

steinerservices Junior Member

i just installed this 8' hd mm2 on a ford f250 everything went smooth on the install. I cant get the passenger side running light to come on i have checked every connection check voltage ,Resistance every thing it doesn't make since there is only one connection for the running lights. what am i missing here? and yes iv checked and even replaced the bulb. any thoughts would be awesome! im sure its something simple im just not seeing it .(probably because im about sick of working on this truck)!!!:realmad:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking the yellow parking/running light or the main headlight?

3. steinerservices

Yes sir. that would be the one.

4. dieselss

I asked about which one,,,

5. steinerservices

sorry about that its the parking light

6. dieselss

And you have the 3 plug at the grill. And a 3 plug Iso module correct?
    Also does your turn signal work on that side?

7. steinerservices

its a 2 plug at the truck and 3 at the iso mod . and yes the turn signal works.

8. dieselss

Ok.fleet flex? How many pins on your controller in the cab?

9. steinerservices

yeah its a fleet flex im trying to think how many. i drive my truck with the western daily. I know its only has 4 but i want to say 6 if that sounds right the stick has all the v plow buttons as well. this is my first yellow i usually stick with red the price was good though

10. steinerservices

7 pin at the controller

11. dieselss

Ok? I thought they were always even.Ok. I'll pull up the wiring diagram on break. It'll be a few if no one else chimes in

12. steinerservices

thanks for the help

13. dieselss

Looks like it might be in the headgear wiring. One power turns on both lights

tmp_8819-Screenshot_2014-11-17-09-22-20-1194428345.jpg

14. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

check the bulb in the plow light sometimes they can break

15. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

im not lookn to high jack ur thread BUT if its flt flex u should only have 4 pins in the wht controller plug if u have 6 pins its a 3 plug straight blade

16. steinerservices

Steve I checked the bulb and even replaced it I think diesels is wright which sucks because of the nice factory loom on it .

17. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I don't know what pin it is on the plow side headlight connector, but you can use an ohm meter and test the wires from the bulb socket to the plug checking for continuity. That will for sure tell you it's the harness. Check for any kinked or broken wires from the plug to the light.

18. steinerservices

Yeah I did that this morning iv got a bad wire in the loom .

19. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I've had bad connections at the socket before. Check the wires prior to the socket back to the plug to be sure it's not in the socket.
    Good luck.