1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 NOT lifting up...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kidschmid, Jan 11, 2009.

1. kidschmid

kidschmid Junior Member

my 9' Fisher plow blade is only lifting off the ground about 4"-5". The HF was changed this fall, but i added more thinking that i might be low...but that didn't solve the problem. any suggestions/similiar problem with your plow? thanks for your help!

2. FRED PEREIRA

FRED PEREIRA Junior Member
    from N.J.

There is a up pressure screw that backed out on my x-blade. Shop said it should be adjusted on a gage set but turning it "blind" got me thru the night.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Check the Quill........Screw the Quill all the way in, then back it off 1 an a 1/4 turn.

Do you have any seeping, or leaking coming from anywhere? Rams? The packing nut maybe loose on the lift arm ram.

Have you used this thing as of yet this season? Did this just start? You haven't added anything to it, i.e. foil, back drag edge?

Worst case, drain the pump again, make sure the filter isn't clogged. The pick up tube has also been know to pop off if not installed properly.

What did you use for HF?