1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Motor wont stop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by srxchevy, Jan 2, 2011.

1. srxchevy

srxchevy Junior Member

A friend told me I could find some help here, so I'm giving it a try. My MM2 was acting like the motor was froze, so I gave it a couple of taps, It took a minute but the motor actually started spinning with out operating the joystick, now it wont stop and the right wing is the only thing that moves and wants to move back i can override it and make it go forward but it always goes back after i release the button, tried another joystick and still does the same. Just wondering if anyone knew what might be wrong. I was going to try and pull the motor off but not sure if its rusted on or if i need to do more to get it off. Any help would be awesome, Thanks
  2. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Sounds like the main solenoid is stuck in the on position..... time for a new solenoid I think.. about 15-20 buck part, and easy to change (on my xtremeV at least)

The second storm we had my solenoid started sticking, every once in a while It would stick and the motor would continue running when no buttons were pushed on the handheld controller, I would jump out of the truck, pop the back cover open on the hydraulic unit, and tap the solenoid to shut the motor off.... had to change the solenoid...

3. srxchevy

srxchevy Junior Member

that was the first thing i did. The thing i don't understand is that the right wing also moves back. so i think it has something to do with another electronic component just not sure. I tried another v plow today and it does the same thing. I'm going to try and get another fish stik unless someone knows how to test it. Thanks
  4. Richard Rogers

Richard Rogers Junior Member

We had the same problem on our 8' fisher. It would only angle to the right. Have someone wiggle the harness that goes into the pump. If it works then you need to replace the harness. Its about a 10 min job
  5. srxchevy

srxchevy Junior Member

Tried that too. I actually found a blown fuse in the fish stick controller. so when i get a chance i'm going to try it again. Thanks.