1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Lift Triangle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by T&M SnowMan, Oct 14, 2009.

1. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Does anyone know how much for a new lift triangle on a MM2?..The new ones dont have the welded ring, it is 2 ears with the pin thru it for a dismount from the chain which wasnt possible with the older style I have...had to unbolt the chain before and feed it thru the chain hole...I was thinking of getting the newer style..

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I had one wear completely thru a few years back- Fisher warrantied it. If yours is worn, they might replace it; its worth a shot.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It's a "Lift Arm". The part number is 26757-1, they run around $125 & come with the piston pin, & Chain lock ring.

You may want to change out the two pins (2@ 4289K) that hold it to the head gear at the same time, as well as the U bolts that hold the lift chain (2@ A6148K)

4. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Does that new style chain holder ever bounce out of position when blade trips?

Is it possible to just buy that holder piece and have a welder cut and weld that in for a few bux?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

.....well, I suppose you can. It's part 28991. On the new lift arm it is held on by a pin. So, yes you would have to have a welder to attach it.

By the time you buy the part and pay to have it put on your probably half way to the price of a new lift arm. I sold two brand new lift arms to this guy: plowguy@gwi.net (mike) 207-754-9464, over the summer, he deals in new and used fisher plows & parts here in Maine, so I am pretty sure he still has them. Between you and I...and everyone else here...I sold them and a bunch of other parts for $100.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

As far as your first question...no, it is in there. The hanger is on a pin, so not only is the chain slack when the blade is down, but it also swings in the direction of force or travel.....which ever is greater. No chance of the chain jumping out of position unless you do it with your own two hands.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I just looked at a pic too...you have to maneuver it out of the chain lock.

[​IMG]

8. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Its a good idea for sure .... Nice fast and easy adjustments.... I put a ziptie around links of chains to label them for use. Sometimes I leave my 1/2" above pavement so I can crouse around without worrying about tripping... NOt for the final cleanup, but when its snowing heavy as hell at midnight in resedintial neighborhoods, and your tracks get covered up fast, why scrape?

I remember the older plows with the simple clevis hook that would and could fall out when driving on road if the plow bottomed out on a hill....

9. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

how about the mm2 triangle on a mm1 setup?? i wanna spice up my old mm1. will it fit or do i need to make it fit??

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Yes it will fit

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

My pic above is a MM1...

12. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

ahha i was trying to find your plow on craigs list. i saw it it looks sick very nice job!

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks, it was alot of work.

14. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I just replaced my triangle for the new stlye. noticed that the old "u" was 3/4 the way worn thru. $145 at tucks trucks in Hudson Ma

anyone know the size and grade of the chain??

3/8" grade 40???? my best guess

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Fisher's part number for a chain bag is 8555. If you want to go aftermarket.... it's 5/16" x 108” Not sure of the grade, but I would think 40 is right.

16. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

Def going aftermarket. Not paying $70 for a chain that will cost me at most $40

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

I don't blame you.