1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 L and R but No Lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Hobartharmon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hobartharmon

Hobartharmon Junior Member

Evening - Middle of NorEaster. Plow ck'd good yesterday. Plowing today and lost lift control, plow won't raise. Will swing L and R. Ck'd fluid and lines, no leakage, qty is good. Plow was in heated shop until plowing so not a moisture issue in hyd fluid (plus changed fluid this fall). Swapped the electrical leads around on the three solenoids above the reservoir and able to raise and lower the plow. Replaced the lift solenoid and put it all back together....still wont raise, but will swing L and R. Don't think the reservoir tube for drafting fluid in has fallen off - think reservoir all good as after electrical swap plow raised OK. Any ideas? Could it be there isn't power going from the control to the solenoid thus precluding the solenoid from being activated? Any help appreciated. Thx

2. Brookside

Brookside Member

I'm no expert, just a guy like you hoping the equipment works each time I head out. I have a MM1 and a MM2, and I've had problems like this, and it just takes more of what you're doing, troubleshooting and ruling things out. Sounds like you're really close since by switching leads you could get the plow to lift. That rules out a lot of stuff and might be pointing to a bad wire or electrical connection. Keep testing continuity with a test light from the controller. I once had to run a whole new wire because of a break somewhere in the harness.
    Hopefully you have the mechanic's guide for the plow. That has a good troubleshooting chart. If you don't have one, you can pull it up and download it on the Fisher website. It might help to keep from throwing new parts at it blindly.
    Happy Hunting.

3. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Sounds like it could be the wire going to the lift solenoid. Disconnect the power wire @ the lift solenoid and use a test light to check if it has power when someone in the truck uses the lift fuction. If you don't have power its most likely a bad wire or you may just need to clean the 3 prong connector. Spray electrical parts cleaner on both the male and female connectors. If u have power but it still doesn't work than check the ground wire that goes to the lift solenoid. P M me if u need any more advice. Good luck