1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm2 issues need help im stumped

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigboss1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

ok i bought a roughly 4 year old fisher mm2 over the summer the plow is in awesome shape until i got it all hooked up to the truck that is first time i tried it i got nothing after pulling the motor off i realized it was corroded away beyond belief so i bought a new motor installed it cleaned it all up (making sure there was no more water ect. in the fluid) thought it would work fine now i have a new issue the motor is working but is angling left when i push right and right when i push left i also have to push and release push and release to get it to make it all the way either direction or up its also making alot of banging cracking noises as i do this as i do research on this i am seeing alot of people saying the fishsticks go bad... i dont think that is my issue because the plow came with a new in box fishstick (that is assuming the guy didn't eff me on that too) i cleaned the 3 plugs up front and still nothing any help would be awesome

also i bought the plow off a 1999 chevy 2500 with the four headlights (composite i believe) and i installed it on a 1996 chevy 2500 with the 2 headlights (sealed beam) does anyone know if they sell an adapter harness for the plow lights to work with the wires i already have
    thanks in advanced guys

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Your hoses to your left and right pistons are switch.Take them off the pump and swap them from where they are.A friend of mine was kind enough to do that to me when I left the plow to have a backdrag put on it.I recommend trying another controller if possible.If you don't have access to one bring it to the dealer and see if they will let you try a controller and see if its the controller or not.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

First it sounds like your hoses are backwards. Switch them and right will be right and left will be left. As far as the noise, my first thought is that the pump may need replaced. If water was left in the system for any type of time it can cause some serious damage.

4. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

ill check the hoses again tomorrow when i took the motor off i took the entire pump and all off to clean everything up i marked the hoses and i am pretty sure i put them on the right way ill try another controller also
    thanks guys

5. kimber750

Did you take the reservoir off?

6. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

yes i took it off to clean it out everything looked to be 100% no gunk or crap on the filters or magnet

7. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

i haven't got to look into the plow yet because of work but does anyone think it would have anything to do with the valves or solenoids??

8. kimber750

Wish I could be more help but I would think you need to figure out what is causing the noises and go from there. Sounds like you have more than one issue and without having the pump in front of me it is very difficult to point you in the right direction. May be worth it in the long run to take it ti the dealer instead of just throwing parts at it.

9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Re-check that the power cable is attached to the proper terminals on the motor as to not reverse polarity and cause it to spin in reverse. I don;t know for sure if these motors will run if the polarity is reversed but it's a thought. Do the headlights works as they should, they are grounded at the neg. terminal unless they are intensifiers.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm thinking the hoses were also reversed as well. The noise maybe a bad bearing sleeve.?.?.did you happen to check the pump shaft for play? Did you remove the coils and valves?

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry, I missed the later half of your post. I'm 99% sure that there isn't an adapter for your style lights.

This Manual may come in handy.

12. buddymanzpop

Sorry, kinda blew off second part of post too, Repo is correct no adapter made by fisher for lights.

13. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

well i figured out the problem and your all gonna laugh my dad reinstalled the pump and put the solenoid ground to the positive terminal thinking the positive wire black and red matched the ground black and orange guess he needs glasses and it seems as if i do to

14. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

so what are you guys saying that i need to buy a 3 port isolation module to replace the 4 port i already have and i have to buy the wire harness that fits it or do they sell a wire harness for the sealed beam headlights for the 4 port isolation module

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

No, you'll just need the two peculiar light harnesses to replace the two that you have now. I'm on my cell, but I can get you the part numbers later tonight if no one else steps up. Otherwise call your dealer and tell him you need two peculiar light harnesses for your truck.

16. buddymanzpop

You need just the two 2b/2d headlight harnesses, Fisher part number's 26353 and 26356. Just saw a set on Ebay, starting bid $40 no one bid, may be relisted by now.

17. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Every insta act I have seen gets water in them. There is no real protection from water getting in the motor. The little dinky motor shaft seal also lets water by as well. They need a cover.
    Some corrode so bad the bolts break that hold the motor on. They break in the manifold/valve assembly.