1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Hoses & must haves

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ford F-250 SD, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ford F-250 SD

Ford F-250 SD Junior Member
    from MASS

I would like to know. What must i have on my truck this winter? I have a 8ft MM2 Stormguard HD plow. I would like to have a complete set of hoses. Anyone reccomend a site to purchase that has all the hoses and fittings ready to go? Where is the solenoid located? I know i should have at least one of those on hand as well. what else shoould i have? Thanks Everyone any info you have is appreciated!
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Fluid, one hose and a solenoid, along with the the appropriate tools is all I recommend. If your willing to go out and buy 4 new hoses and the whole wagon, you might consider a Emergency Kit directly from Fisher.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

does anyone know how much $$ the emergency kit from fisher is?
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

5. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

The kits are handy to have! I bought one last year after I had a cotter pin fall out and lost the pin that held 1 side of my plow to the headgear, and had to drive 1-1.5hrs depending on traffic to get to the dealer for a 5$ pin.... The kit I bought I think was around $120 and I think it was a put together by the dealer, not an actual fisher kit, but very similar....

Just make sure you keep it in the truck, I had a stupid moment today when plowing and the main solenoid started sticking, keeping the pump running without hitting any buttons, so each time it would stick, I'd have to hop out of the truck, pop the cover off the pump assy and tap the solenoid.... Stupid me, I forgot that the spare parts kit had a solenoid in it, I thought it was just a hose or 2 and some pins etc, so I babied the thing, banging the solenoid every few passes and finished my route, then drove the 1.5 hrs each way to the dealer for an 18$ solenoid, which I found out when I got to the dealer was actually in the parts kit in my garage....