1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 Ford To Chevy Switch

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Lowlly, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Lowlly

Lowlly Junior Member

Fisher Extreme V. Ford To Chevy Switch

Been looking to get a used plow for my 03 Silverado 2500. I found a 8.5 fisher extreme v that come off a 2009 f250. Can i buy new mounts and a new wiring harness to fit my truck? Im having trouble finding a worthy used plow that had come off a silverado or sierra. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can. You also need to buy a new ISO module. So the mounting plates and full wiring

3. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

As dieselss said, YES.

When it comes to used plows I have one big thing to stick to. Plow comes off the same model truck you have, use the mounts, no problem. If the wiring looks just OK, toss it or sell it and get new. I don't trust what the guy could have screwed up at any point, especially when taking it off the truck because it will all look like a jumble of wires and he probably won't care if a wire gets cut or whatever.

4. Lowlly

Lowlly Junior Member

Thanks for the help guy's, I think i will look around a bit longer to see if i find a plow that was used on my model truck.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That might be a needle in a haystack
    Try strokes auto. He's a sponcer and ususllly has good deals