1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 - Dodge light problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GTMS, Jan 18, 2008.

1. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

My passengers side high beam light will not come on sometimes, flick the low/high beam switch and presto it pops on. Now, last night I was plowing and My EZV right wing would not angle or do anything, the silinoid would click but nothing else. Then, both my low beams went out, I put he truck in the garage and checked the fuses, all were good, I said the he** with it I'll run high beams. I pulled out of the garage and bingo bango low beams worked. What do you make of it?

2. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

wing sticks..little help please

I've been searching this site for light problems, I find several dodge owners having this problem with several different brands of plows. I also read where it is a "software upgrade" that is needed to the dodge computer. I am waiting on a response for more info on that.

06 EZV 8 1/2 w/ fishstick
    To expound on the wing problem. The passengers side wing has locked up on me three times so far, the first time my dealer tore it apart and said that the cylinders had come apart. He cleaned the valve body and replaced the cylinders. The second and third time he can't find anything wrong, even after taking the valves out checking for contaminants, so I am looking for suggestions. the symptoms are as follows.
    After an hour or two of plowing the right wing will lock up. any button that you push on the remote will move the left wing instead of perform the desired function. The other night, when I would attempt to put it in vee, but cylinders would slooowly shimmy back. You can collapse the wing by holding the button and pushing against a fixed object but then the wing will not extend. After a brief period of say a half hour or hour it just starts working again. I just had it flushed and new fluid installed thinking that it may be freezing but it didn't make a difference. Any help would be great. Thanks. I love the plow but can't have my plow down at three in the morning not knowing if it will straighten itself out, cause one of these times it won't and I'll be scr8wed.

3. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Everytime I turn my highbeams ON one of the lights goes completely out and the "bulb out" indicator light comes on. I have to completely turn the truck off and highbeams off in order to get both lights working again. Don't know what the problem is. I have the MM2 on an 05' Heavy Duty Ram.

4. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

link

Check this post it's interesting.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=51099

5. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

When the piston inside your cylinder self destructed(Fisher had a bad batch of cylinders,hope your dealer changed them both or it will happen to the other side)anyways,thousands of steel particals contaminated your entire hydraulic system,I tore one down completely,cleaned everything,changed the rams and it worked fine,customer came back a month later and it's acting up again,tore it down again and cleaned and upon close inspection caught a valve that would work,not work,not work,try to work,you get the point,Long story short,have the valves checked again.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I see arc burn what you are saying is they should change there headlight fluid? maybe its low or has particals in it?

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I say read his whole post *******,he has hydaulic problems also.

9. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

ARC.. Yes, both were replaced. My Dealer flushed again and it hasn't acted up yet. I got my fingers crossed. New SS XV in my future I feel!