1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 application for 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tkpopeye, May 5, 2009.

1. tkpopeye

tkpopeye Junior Member

I was curious if anyone else has a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 (5.3L), with a Fisher Minute Mount 2.

I had recently purchased a used one and have all the wiring harnesses and controlls. Everything works well except for the low beam headlights. The highbeams work and the directionals as well as parking lights work properly.

I have a 3-port module. I know that there is also a 4-port module but on the Fisher website, it gives you the option of a 3-port or 4-port.

Can anyone else with this truck tell me if they are using a 3-port or a 4-port isolation module? I think that it might just be a loose connection somewhere or a pinched wire. I hope that that is all that it is.

Thanks for your help!

tkpopeye

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I could be wrong but if I am not. You can thank Crashed. Off plug 1 there is a stubbed plug that has a jumper wire on it. Take it off and jump it with a paper clip and see if lights come on. Thats the configuration plug
    Also this should be under Fisher or truck repair. Oh and welcome to site.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=81419

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. BigDave12768

4. tkpopeye

tkpopeye Junior Member

Thanks BigDave12768..

But does that mean that I need to alter the connector (b) that plugs into the isolation module? Sorry to sound so clueless, but I am. :) This is my first plow and I am anxious to get it running. Again, everything works except for the low beam.

So I'm assuming by what you're saying that I need to put a paperclip for a jumper into the plug between the harness and the iso module? Correct?

Thanks again for your help and support!

5. BigDave12768

What I am really saying is repost this in Fisher forum and B&B or crashed935 (2 of the sites Guru's) will answer your question and solve your problem faster than your computer can open the pdf file

6. BigDave12768

Do you know what head light Harness you have?

7. tkpopeye

tkpopeye Junior Member

It is headlight harness # 29048.

I had purchased the plow from a guy who had a 2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.6L Diesel.

I have a 2004 Chevy 1500, 5.3L, extended cab. EVERYTHING is the same with the exception of the Push Plates. I have push plate# 7168 and his truck had #7169. But everything else is the same.

So I hope that it will be an easy fix.

Thanks again for your help Dave!

8. BigDave12768

For vehicles using the 29048 Harness Kit: The
    plug-in harness contains 4 reversible 2-position
    connectors (2 gray and 2 black). The gray
    connectors connect to the low beams and the
    black connectors connect to the high beams.

go to page 11. Do you have you common wire set right? if they are reverse able flip the gray one over

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/29206.06_071508.pdf

9. tkpopeye

tkpopeye Junior Member

Yeah, I saw that in the PDF before on Fisher's website. But I don't understand it.

Again, don't mean to sound clueless, but it does appear to be a different language to me. I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but I guess not good enough.

Since it is 10:30pm, I will wait til the morning before I go under the hood to be checking the plugs. But are you saying that these plugs should be there (The (2) gray ones, or the (2) black ones)??

Thanks again!

10. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Do you not have low beam at all? There is one gray and one black plug on each side.

11. BigDave12768

Yeah he has no low beams

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You do not need to reconfigure anything as the '05 that the harness was removed from and your '04 use the exact same setup including the headlamp connector plug orientation...but you do need to be sure that those are connected correctly since it can be done one of two ways. If you check the install paperwork as well as the connector plugs themselves you'll see that each side of the plug is labeled "A" and "B". You need them connected so that the locking tab on the other half of the connector is on the "A" side for your truck. May sound a little confusing but if you carefully read the paper work and look at the connector plugs themselves its rather self explanatory.

13. tkpopeye

tkpopeye Junior Member

Hey guys..

Thank you all (B&B, Crash935, & BigDave12768)... We got it to work! I thought that it might even be a bad Isolation Module. Again, the high beams were working and the directionals, and parking lights.. but the low beams were not working. We tried switching the plugs (reversible), and still nothing. We called Fisher tech support and they told us to splice in the daytime running lights (DRL) wire. After we did that, it still wasn't working. What it was was, the high beam connectors which were also reversible were incorrect. We reversed them, and then EVERYTHING WORKED AFTER THAT.

So I owe it to you guys, especially B&B. As you had stated, they all need to be correct in order to work properly. We assumed that since the hi beams were working, then they were all set. But they were the root cause of the problem.

So again guys,.. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!

Now I can't wait to plow (in MA) even though I love the spring & summer!

Thanks!

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you got them all connected correctly and working. And your welcome. :salute: