1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM2 angles left slower than right angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jroptop, Nov 29, 2015.

1. jroptop

jroptop Junior Member

Well,figured I would come in here next after trying to troubleshoot the problem on my own and with some research that led to nothing..The issue I am having is the left angle moves slower than the right angle.I noticed this more if the left angle is completely collapsed and going to the completely extended.Ive changed,fluid,filters,checked the S3 solenoids,and the rest,checked for kinked hoses etc.Possible weak motor or poppet valve?I checked the poppet valve and no broken springs,also loosed the packing nut on angle cyclinder but same issue,any ideas?Thanks in advance!
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did the spool move freely? You can try disconnecting the rams and move the blade by hand to check for binding. This will all give a chance to check the rams, once hoses are removed they should move some what freely.
  3. jroptop

jroptop Junior Member

hello,yup,disconnected the lines and the blade moved freely side to side,also checked this when I disconnected the lines to bleed the system with new fluid
  4. jroptop

jroptop Junior Member

after further testing,the motor winds up slower when angling left from a fully collapsed position,but if I switch from left to right and right to left mid way,the speed is identical.Connections at motor are clean. Should I get fluid leaking out of the packing nut if I loosen it a bit?I did get leaking on the drivers side ram like I did on the passenger side ram.Perhaps I have a weak seal on the PS ram,reason why it angles slower at a collapsed position?But doesn't explain the lower pitch of the motor when angling left from a collapsed position....