1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm1?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joshnnh, Dec 12, 2014.

1. joshnnh

joshnnh Junior Member
    from nashua

Brand new to the forum. And to snow plows.I got a 97 f350 xlt 5.8l with a 8ft fisher plow. I believe it is the first gen. Model. Pump is belt driven. I am wondering if speeds can be adjusted? I called the local fisher sales guy and he was sort of useless as far as maintenence. I filled the pump with lucas atf. Now I want to speed it up some. As it sits now I can get a little extra if I gas it while moving the plow. But its still kind of slow. This is my first plow. And my second year pllowing. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

Not much you can do with the belt-driven unit. Engine speed is the only adjustment unless you want to mess with custom made pulleys to get it over-driven. These pumps from the factory only flowed about 4gpm and 1750ish psi.
  3. joshnnh

joshnnh Junior Member
    from nashua

.its just the nature of the beast. Icant come close to affording a new set up.its an old rig but gets the job done.
  4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

If you are plowing roadways for a municipality or are doing anything at an hourly rate you will be OK, however if you are pricing driveways or parking lots your plowing time is increased pretty significantly with the belt driven hydraulic plow set up. First thing I noticed when they came out with the SEHP was how much quicker I could get the work done, and then the Fishstik controller came along and it even trimmed more time from the work. There is a filter for the hydraulic fluid in your system, wouldn't hurt to change it seeing as you don't know how long since it been changed.