1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher MM1 won't go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikez044, Jun 29, 2011.

1. mikez044

mikez044 Junior Member
    from PA

I have a fisher MM1 on my 99 f250 SD....the u bolt holding the chain to the A frame broke and i can't seem to get the plow to go down so that i cant fix the U bolt.
    It has the fish-stik and up, right and left work but not down
    you can hear it moving fluid.....does it only go down when there is weight on it?
    also, when i put it in float i cant push it down.
    Anything i can try?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need either a lot of weight, a long bar to use as a lever. or loosen the quill to allow it to lower easier.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Lift arm won't go down

You could just put a floor jack under the A-frame and jack the A-frame and plow assembly up and install a new U-bolt, don't forget to use jack stands when doing the bolt.

4. mikez044

mikez044 Junior Member
    from PA

ok well i used a long pry bar to get it down...i didn't realize it was going to be that hard....thats for the suggestions.
    is there anyway i can make it just a little easier to go down? How do i loosen the quill?

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Ok Mike you did not say anything as to was this plow sitting since last season or a longer. Sounds to me like you have the same problem I experienced on my Western Uni mount

My plow sits outside covered but still outside in the elelments heat, cold rain ect ect ect
    My main lift cylinder would not go alll the way down or follow the ground when in float mode.What happened to me was that my seal around the lift cyl was dryed out due to fact when the season before I did nor push cyl all the way down at the end of year.

What I had to do was SOAK it with PB Blaster or some sort of penetrating oil for about a week and finally it broke loose and went down and alll this past season work with out a glich so from now on I soak around the lift cyl and end of season with heavey amounts of PB Blaster the during the season I use Fluid Film for Whole truck and Plow Hope this helps

Oh yah sorry did not clearify myself you need to spray around hydrolic ram and outter case meet around the large locking nut

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011