1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm1 wont angle or lift up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by winchtrails, Dec 21, 2011.

1. winchtrails

winchtrails Junior Member
    from ma

I tryed my plow yesterday and it worked great. Then today i tried it and it was very slow up and side to side. I changed the fluid and screen and know it wont move at all. The lift piston shoots right up until it has pressure on it and it wont move. Any ideas

2. daniel1

daniel1 Junior Member

Air in the hydraulic lines probably. After I change the fluid I always crack the fitting on the right arm and then push it out filling that side until fluid escapes then retighten the fitting. I then work the left arm and then the lift. The lift should always be worked last after you change the fluid.

3. winchtrails

winchtrails Junior Member
    from ma

mm1 wont angle or lift

I change the fluid and screen. When i first angle it, it works left and right but after a few times it completely stops moving. I have cracked the lines loose and its all fluid. To me it seems like it binding up or something. Could it be something in the valve body.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what does the motor sound like??? like its gurgling??

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like low voltage. check your connections. is everything tight?