1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher MM1 will not go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brian12281, Jan 26, 2007.

1. brian12281

brian12281 Member

it works left right and up but will not go down. i have the joystick controller and you can hear a click in the controller when i go to let it down but plow does not move!!! help!!!
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Instac mm1 or earlier mm1?
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Hmm won't go down??? Have you tried think of Baseball?
  4. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Fisher has a mechanics manual on their website under support. In that it has a simple troubleshoot graph. Try there..It worked for mine. It wouldn't turn left.
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I know this is a old post but I just had this same thing on my MM2 intermittently happen to mine. It happened about 5 times on one driveway on Sunday and 4-5 times again today cleaning up ice on my own driveway. After looking on the Fisher Mechanics page I think it could be the S1 Solenoid Cartridge Valve (SVO8-2004) sticking or a open in the wiring some ware feeding power to it. I know it's not the controller because while it was acting up I swapped to my backup joystick controller and it still did it. I noticed the wiring going into the plastic cover for the solenoids has a big 180 turn the way the harnesses was tie-wrapped to the frame when it was built. That's going to be corrected so if the wire isn't broken there I don't want to evidentially.

I'll let you all know for future reference if it's the S1 Solenoid Cartridge Valve (SVO8-2004) or a white/yellow broken (open) trigger wire to it. I hope it not just contaminated fluid in my system making the solenoid stick. I hopping if it was they all three would act up.
  6. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I know this will sound stupid and Im sure you have already checked but it happened to me and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it wouldnt go down BUT check your chain. Be absolutely sure its not hanging up. Im not the only one thats had it happen. I hope thats it. Its an easy fix.
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Well It was white/yellow broken (open) trigger wire that powers the S1 relay! The way it was tie-wrapped to the frame it had to take a 180. Not good. I replaced the the harness because it was under the 2 year warranty. If it wasn't a snip and some solder and heat shrink would have done the trick. I would have done all the wires just in case they were compromised as well.

Gotta love the Schematics for all the wiring available on the web today. Years ago I would have been calling Fisher or going to a dealer to get a photocopy!
  8. Brookside

Brookside Member

Just another thought on the MM1 not going down. I just had that happen the other day. The connector at the grill had loosened up a little. I wiggled the connector and down it came. Lucky my foot wasn't under the blade (9' HD).
  9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If that's how you fixed yours, I would suggest cleaning all the contacts and get some dielectric grease in there before it makes poor contact at the worst possible time!:nod:
  10. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

If that doesn't work get a harness repair kit. I had similar problems and couldn't figure it out ever after cleaning,greaseing. Very intermitent. Ended up being truck side control harness..I had a 9 pin 2 plug on my MM1.. a repair harness from Fisher fixed it..cheap enough fix about 60 bucks..