1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 will NOT float

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by merrimacmill, Feb 9, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

My Fisher 7.5 foot MM1 on my 97' Chevy 1500 back up truck has all its functions, but it will not go down. It is raised all the way, and will raise, angle left, angle right, but it won't go down. There does not appear to be anything mechanically blocking it from doing so on the frame, so I have a feeling it is an electrical problem. When I push float on the joystick, I get nothing. No click, no movement, or anything.

I will be needing this truck for the up coming storm tomorrow evening, so any input would be appreciated.

Also, the two relays up front are only for head light operation correct?

Thanks in advance

2. TONY labounty

TONY labounty Junior Member

merrimacmill

hello sounds like s1 coil stick clean and will be all right

3. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

i agree with the coil... and your correct the relays are for the headlights

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the coil cover off and check the S1 (top row, inner coil) for mag while in lower/float. If it has mag then it's a valve issue. Sometimes a simply removal and cleaning will restore them but replacement is always a possibility of course too.

If it doesn't have mag when you check it then it's probably an electrical issue. Check the connections right at the coil and backtrack from there though the grill connector and all the way to the controller plug if necessary until the issue is found.

Be sure to support the blade before doing any of this. Working around it while it's raised (especially with a non lowering issue) can be dangerous.