1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 whats is it worth?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ctd992500, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Got a friend who has a 7.5 mm1 in decent condition willing to sell it to me for 1000.00 is this a good deal or not hasn't been used in 2 years. Would this be worth the money? I plan on putting it on my dodge 2500. I figure as long as i change the filters maybe even replace the hydro line incase of dry rot from sittin it would be worth it. Just what other opions you guys would have or anything i should look for, Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

SEHP or Insta-act system? can you post some pics? How's the paint on the blade and headgear?

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

If its just the plow you need to be aware that you'll need all the truck side equipemnt to fit your truck...push plates, wiring, controller. probably an additional $400-500 or so if you buy that stuff new.

I paid $2500 for my 8' MM1 two years ago with all required mounting brackets and a handheld controller...I looked around and it was pretty much the going price for what I took home, a year later it was $1000 lower across the board.

4. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

The first question you got me i'm lost could you explain alittle better please. I don't have any pics bit the plow is basically new the guy bought it used for about one season then decided to move to florida and gave it to another guy in our fire dept who decided he didn't want to have a plow on his truck anymore so never mounted it.

5. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

if it is an insta act! i wish you were closer i'd trade you my 8ft MM1 insta act! i want a 7.5 MM1

6. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

WHERE ARE LOCATED? mcw we could possibly work somthin out if i get this blade I rather hang and 8 footer off my truck but you know got to work within budget.

7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

if your referring to me im in IL but i would rather a 7.5 with wings then an 8ft on my 1500.