1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 solenoid ploblem?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brad96z28, Dec 18, 2008.

1. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Im trying to help a friend over the phone get his mm 1 plow working.It does not operate at all. If u jump out the solenoid, the plow works as it should.He installed a new fisher solenoid, Same problem.I dont have a diagram. If the joystick was not giving the signal to the solenoid. Why does it operate the plow normal with the solenoid jumped out. Maybe a seperate function to the controller? The signal wire at the solenoid suposidly lit the test light that it had power when commanded by the controller. Maybe 2 bad solenoids? Or the signal from the controller is to weak to pull in the realy corrosion in the wire?I was just wondering If I maybe missing something? I guess 12 v to the signal terminal on the solenoid should tell me if either one was bad.I might try to look at it for him tomorrow.