1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 right angler piston leaking fluid

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NWanner, Nov 2, 2011.

1. NWanner

NWanner Member

It's leaking all over the plow frame where the piston goes into the housing. Does this mean the seals are gone and it needs replacing? How much is a new one? How much is a used one?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

seals gone.

how is chrome on ram ? if pitting and nasty it will eat new seals = time for new ram.

if ram chrome is good then seal can can be done if you have the tools to hold the ram and turn the packing nut.

look here for ram parts info. http://www.zequip.com/store/fisherplowref.html

never used the place but nice interactive diagrams with part #'s

3. NWanner

NWanner Member

Chrome on the ram is shiny with no pitting. Thank you for the link, what do you think a local dealer would charge if I don't have the tools to hold the ram?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

got me on that. never had to do one myself. and if so i got local hydro shop next town over that has all parts for most anything hydro and installs cheep . check your yellow pages for hydrolics parts and service. then call plow shop and ask them .

also good time as any to drain/fill /clean filter before season starts.