1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fordpsd, Nov 1, 2009.

1. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I pulled one of the plows out yesterday and it went up fine but then when i tried to angle it left or right all you could hear was the pump spinning. More of like a winding noise from the motor. I put the plow back down and then it would not even go up. Worked fine when i put it away at the end of last season.

Checked all the connections they look good, fluid level is good.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Wiggle the connectors as someone is moving left or right to see if problem is isolated to the truck/plow connectors.

If no go there, pop the cover and wiggle / clean the connectors on the coils.

Defanately a connector problem, good Idea to wirebrush/clean everything anyhow.
  3. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Thanks for the ideas. I did clean the ground on the pump and that did not change anything.

Didn't have an extra guy around today to wiggle the wires while i used the controller but i will try that tomorrow.

Any other ideas what it could be or is it definitely a connection?
  4. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

Not sure what the winding noise is but maybe the filter fell off when you first moved it and its sucking air? When is the last time you changed the fluid? Maybe a large piece of debri got dislodged when you first moved it and now its trapped in the valves? Start with the electrical side...make sure with a screwdriver the magnets are getting power while someone tries the fuctions on the joystick...let us know
  5. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Could you please give me a better idea about using a screwdriver to check the magnets, not familiar with that.

It was last season when i changed the fluid, so i will most likely change it this week.
  6. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

If you go to fishers website you can find the tech manuals to troubleshoot. Basically when you pull off the cover to the solenoids (should be 3) and it depends on what function your doing but certain ones will energize. When they energize you can tell which ones are active with a screwdriver or metal object near the back of each one. For instance when you press right, 2 solenoids will energize...if they do, go on to left,..down, up...float...make sure it matches the chart in the manual. If it does it could be mechanical...fuild problems, stuck valves, etc. I dont know which manual it is but with some seaching you will find it.
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

8. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Ok great thanks guys.

Tomorrow ill mess around with it and let you know how i make out.
  9. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Changed the fluid today and everything works great now.

Looks like there was some junk built up on the filter which was probably not allowing the fluid through which was causing the winding noise.

Thanks for the help guys