1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 Plow -- Ground Wire melted on plow frame after installation

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by francurran2003, Dec 8, 2005.

1. francurran2003

francurran2003 Junior Member

I switched my plow from a 90 GMC blazer to my 90 GMC k1500

When I hooked all the wiring back up and went to raise the plow-- the ground wire on the plow frame started to melt

What did I do wrong?

Any thoughts???
  2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

loose or bad connection..?
  3. If it started to melt it immediately, I would say you have a wire on backwards. If you supply voltage to a ground, and there is not fuse, it will find the weakest link and destroy it.
  4. francurran2003

francurran2003 Junior Member

Now that you mention it---

The only thing I can think of is that there is a relay coming off the battery with 4 posts--

2 high voltage-- (1 off the battery & 1 to the plow-- both positive I assume)
    2 low voltage -- 1 of which was the ground wire-- I hooked a ground wire up to the negative on the battery-- b/c the schematic onfisher online --

I got the schematic off of :

Could I have charged it by hooking it up to the negative post on the battery?