1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 Pigtail Replacement??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Merc1100sc, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Hello all. I have a old style electric MM1 (2 wire setup) on my 2002 Tacoma.
    The control pigtail ends are worn and need to be jiggled to at times get the plow to move in various directions. Same goes with the headlights on the plow. Can just the pigtails be replaced or do I need to replace the entire harnesses?

thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes just the ends can be replaced. If you look at the male ends, they can be spread out. Pocket screwdriver kinda sharpened does a nice job

3. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

When you say spread out, do you mean disassembled? I'm confused.
    Thanks

4. dieselss

Look at the male pins. They are 2 piece so to speak there's a split down the center. That's where you open them up

5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Ah. So if Im following you are saying to spread the pins to make better contact with the female ends?

6. dieselss

Yep. That's it exactly

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Thanks. I will give that a try. Assuming spreading them does not work, are just the ends replaceable?

8. dieselss

As I said. Yes the ends are replaceable. Factory ones and aftermarket ones are available

9. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Great. Thanks