1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher MM1 no function except lower.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yourownself, Feb 23, 2013.

1. yourownself

yourownself Junior Member

so i posted this in the fisher forum already, then i found this forum, and realized that i should have posted here instead.

i have a really crappy MM1 SEHP plow, 2 wire setup, new fluid in reservoir this fall, new motor last winter.
    i am having strange intermittent issues with my setup, and i'm pretty sure it just needs to be rewired, but you guys would probably know a lot better than i about all that.

earlier today i was able to raise and lower, but the plow would only raise using the left button, and as it was raising the blade, it would look as if it were trying to angle left, but that could have been my imagination.
    right now i am getting no fuction but lower
    NO magnetism to S1, S2, or S3.
    S2 feels like it is magnetic even with the plugs disconnected
    the motor runs when any button is pressed but sounds as if it is strained.
    i already removed and cleaned the filter.

i am also having a hard time getting the fishstik to power on when the truck is first turned on, but it seems to be an intermittent problem that i am unable to reproduce on command.

all lights work as they should.

any advice?

and before anyone says "do a search" i did, but could not find anything that matched my exact symptoms.

TIA

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Well there's never power to lower it .its all pressure to lower it .your pump inside the magnetic are no good you would need to change the valves. you said you changed the fluid did you clean the filter inside ? And if your not getting power to the control clean your connections on your solenoid or that might be going to.

3. yourownself

yourownself Junior Member

I did clean the filter. That got me from NO movement to up and down only. I also believe I need a new controller. I will borrow one to see if that helps before I spend money on anything else.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well there's never power to lower it .its all pressure to lower it........really. i thought the s1 had to have pwr to magnetize the coil to open the valve to allow fluid to flow back into the resivour and lower the plow???

5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

The mother bord inside the control might b no good if the control has problems turning on or there's a corroded wire somewhere

6. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Snowplowpro, there is obviously power to the plow in order to lower it. The number one solenoid needs to be activated in order to pop the valve to release pressure from the lift cylinder. That is done using voltage.

7. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Do you have any wires crossed or misplaced at the solenoids? A bad connector or controller could be the issue. There is a mechanics manual for the plow available here. It will tell you how do trouble shoot soup to nuts. Way to much typing involved to try ans explain it right now.