1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 (no down/dump) 2 plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ducaticorse, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I just hard wired truck side (no module). I drained fluids and purged the system, cleaned filters and recharged. Plow angles and lifts strong and fast but it doesnt drop. I didnt know which solenoid controls dump/down so I pulled the top two on the block and the plungers seemed to move appropriately. I couldnt check the bottom one (third) because I didnt have a deep enough socket with me.

Please advise, any hints or advice would be great, and WHICH DAMN SOLENOID CONTROLS DUMP/DOWN?

2. ducaticorse

from we

Managed to find out what solenoid/coil it is. Solenoid seems proper, now need to test the coil.

3. stillen

stillen Senior Member

my plow wouldnt go down, i had a bad ground wire that went to solenoids..... when you check it, be aware of where your feet are

4. ducaticorse

from we

LOL, it's up on blocks at the moment....

5. ducaticorse

from we

Solenoid and coil are good... Checking controller next.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Controller or wire going to that coil/valve. Joystick or Fishstik?

7. ducaticorse

from we

Joystick...

Getting back on it tomorrow. Took the day off today to pick up a tailgate sander and a grapple for by bobcat..

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Had a similar problem with my MM1 SEHP 2 plug, started as you described but was intermittent. Then it wouldn't do anything but angle left, then it got stuck and wouldn't drop at all.

Ended up being a bad circuit board on the fishstick, $100 and it worked fine again.:salute: