1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher mm1 new angle rams not fully angling

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Wwhyknot, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Wwhyknot

Wwhyknot Junior Member

I installed new rams in my old 8' MM1 hd plow with the SEHP pump. I bought the 1.5" x 12" fisher rams but now the plow doesn't seem to fully angle in both directions I think I got all of the air out of the system. The old rams measure 12" between the welds on the cylinder. They plunger seems to be a few inches longer. The only other for angle rams were the 2" x 16" which I don't think is correct. Anyone have any ideas.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do you still have the old ones? Match them up to the new ones

3. Wwhyknot

Wwhyknot Junior Member

I did match them and the old ones are in fact about 3 " longer. But there are no other options and the fisher manual calls for the 1.5x12" rams. Could I still have air in the piston?

4. Wwhyknot

Wwhyknot Junior Member

Stupid question but, could the pack nut be too tight new out of the box?

5. dieselss

No. I don't think air. But, are the new ones the same compressed length? That's also something to look into

6. Wwhyknot

Wwhyknot Junior Member

I just went out to check it again. I think the issue is the old rams were some aftermarket size that was finagled to fit the plow and we're not the correct size and gave the plow some over angling (which would explain the mangled A frame I had to replace and the fact the corner of the plow would bottom out when raised and angled) and what I see as not enough angle is actually normal now.

7. dieselss

Does the d-frame have the stops welded to it, to stop the over angling?
    Fyi. Full angle and plow hitting the ground are normal