1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm1 neeeds new cutting edge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmerjim, Feb 10, 2014.

1. farmerjim

farmerjim Junior Member
    from ct

the 8ft mm1 on the truck i picked up needs a cutting edge as its pretty well worn there's about 1/16 to 1/8in left b4 it will be scraping on the trip edge and springs. i was looking on centralparts and trying to figure out which edge i need is there some type of measurement you take for the carriage bolt spacing or are they all the same? also how are those poly edges? probably not something i would want as i plow a mixture of surfaces from dirt to pavement and 1 residence that has a part brick/cobblestone drive that i usually shovel by hand or lift up the blade a bit so i don't damage it. thanks again for any help.
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

8ft MM1 & 2 have the same punching as a Meyer
    CUTTING EDGE, 1/2" X 6" X 96", 4.6875" - 12.4375" PUNCH, 1" GAUGE, .563 SQUARE HOLE, 8 HOLES