1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher MM1 Mounting Issue on Lock Pin

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TheGreenChevy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. TheGreenChevy

TheGreenChevy Junior Member
    from Boston

Hello. New to site, looking for some insight. I own a 97 Cheny 2500 with 8ft Fisher plow. Having an issue aligning the driver's side mount bolt. I used a jack to try and lift the plow frame to the truck mounted frame, but the bolt would not budge in and lock. The bolt seems as if it is not bent. Any ideas on what I can try further. Passanger side mount bolt is in. It is a minute mount 1 blade. Thank You.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

try pushing the head gear toward the hood. that means push the part with the lights toward the rear of the truck.if the pins are unlocked they should spring in to the mount holes.

3. TheGreenChevy

from Boston

I've pushed the head gear back quite a bit, thats how the passanger pin went in. The driver's side pin is being a real problem. I can get the height of the pin hole adjusted fine wth a jack (vertically) as my driveway has a little dip. I think it could be the line up the hole horizontally with the drive in of the truck frame onto the plow frame must be off a little. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply no lead.

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Have you tried backing the truck away from the plow and getting a little more sqaure to the plow? May not be the best way here, but oh well! Turn the truck hard to the right and drive forward a little, like maybe an inch or so. I have done that once or twice before when I didn't line up just right.

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the lift piston is pushed all the way down or the lift chain won"t have enough slack.Drive the truck forward a little to make sure it"s all the way in then push top of the frame toward the hood. After a couple of times you will be able to do it easy.

6. TheGreenChevy

from Boston

Thanks everyone for the help! I was able to get the driver's side pin to lock. I dropped the plow with the chain and noticed that the side that the pin would not go in would float a little. I then removed the chain lifted and dropped the blade on the flatest part of my driveway and used a jack to level off one side of the plow frame and the pin went in with two hammer swings while my dad pushed on the front of the frame. Thanks again for the help.

7. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

thats my tool of choice, hammer time

8. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

The first time I brought home the MM1, it took myself and three guys an over an hour, and everything except for the torch to take the plow off!!.. (I was ready with the torch to be quite honest).. I left it on the truck for the rest of the year(Once we got it back on).. I honestly remember taking that dam pipe with the nipple on the end and throwing it as far as I could.. I called my dealer and I was pissed... of course now I can take them on and off in under a minute.. back then there was No one that new the little tricks of the trade... they were brand new !!