1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher mm1 & mm2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsheedy75, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

does anyone know if the "a" frame from a mm2 can be put onto the headgear of a mm1? I am asking this because i am looking to put a wider plow on my truck and for the price that i have found used ones for I think for not much more i can just put a brand new blade on there. might even try to put an xblade on. the plow has only seen a few easy seasons so i am trying to keep it on the truck instead of the whole swap thing.

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't know for sure. But I think it will. Your local dealer should be able to tell you. If it doesn't I am sure they must make an A frame the will fit the MM1 and the new style balde. I don't think you can buy any old style blades from Fisher anymore.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I am pretty sure the MM1 and MM2 blades are the exact same- the only differences being in the headgear, infact my Speedcast blade is the same blade as my MM1 and there's a 10 year difference from manufacture dates.

4. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

They sell a special service a frame for that purpose. Check with your dealer

5. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

The minute mount one used the "old style" blade which has 4 pieces of heavy angle iron welded to the backside that ride in the ears on the underside of the A-frame. This blade uses a 6" long pivot pin.

The MM2 blade is flat across the backside and has 2 pockets where it engages with the A-frame (instead of 1 on MM1). The pivot pin on an MM2 blade is 16" long.

An MM2 blade will not fit on an MM1 A-frame. As previously mentioned Fisher does have an A-frame that will fit a MM2 blade to a MM1 headgear (and probably for traditional style plows too).

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I'll have to look at that again, my neighbor has a MM2 on his new Chevy...
    Not the first time I have been wrong...

7. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

thanks guys, i am going to call my local dealer and see about getting that conversion a frame and the price on a 9' xblade

8. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

ok, well this is what i found out. the a frame will cost me about $450. The 9 foot xblade is almost $2000. now if my plo pump quits its $1400 for a pump. I think i will just wait until next year, sell the plow for $1500 and go buy a whole new set-up.

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I too thought of doing such a conversion. When I called Fisher Tech. Dept., they said it could be done, plus they gave me the part numbers for the a-frame I'd need. As for the X-Blade moldboard price, I got a quote of about $1,600 from Central Parts Warehouse plus shipping. $1,400 for a new pump assembly is way too high. I bought a spare pump (inlcuded the motor, pump, manifold and valves) from Central Parts for under $700.

Ryan